Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: How do I stop being so picky?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    clewrslr Member seylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2023
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    How do I stop being so picky?

    I'll match with someone who seems nice, but then I notice one small thing—their voice, a typo, their shoes—and I lose all interest. Why do I self-sabotage like this?

  2. #2
    clewrslr Member devamona's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2nd, 2024
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How do I stop being so picky?

    Honestly? That pickiness is usually fear wearing a fancy mask. Your brain thinks "if I reject them first, they can't hurt me later." Try a tiny experiment: next time you notice that "ick," wait 48 hours before deciding. Don't chat, just sit with it. You'll often find the feeling passes. Also, make a list of three things that truly matter for a partner (kindness, humor, reliability) and compare every small flaw against that list. Most typos don't make the cut. For more warm, wise help on lowering walls without losing standards, Relationship insights and advice — love, trust, and growth | Wise Date has wonderful articles. You're protecting yourself, not broken.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •